The Maltings Surgery kindly encourage eligible patients to attend for your flu vaccination at the Surgery as opposed to using alternative private and pharmacy providers. Your flu vaccination has already been ordered for you, appointments are available to book online via Patient Access or by contacting the surgery on 01727 855500. Flu clinics will be on designated Saturday mornings or your flu vaccination can be given at any appointment you have at the surgery during the flu season. Having your flu vaccination at the surgery allows us to keep an accurate record of your vaccination and health information, offer clinical support if required and ensure we can provide this service year after year.
You are eligible for a flu vaccination by injection if you are in one of the following categories
- Adults over 65
- Children (6 months to 2 years) and adults (<64 ) with an underlying health condition particularly long term heart or respiratory disease, diabetes, immunosuppressed
- Pregnant women
- Patients living in a care home
- Patients with a learning disability
- BMI >40
You are eligible for a flu vaccination by nasal spray if you are in one of the following categories
- All children aged 2 or 3
- Children (9 years to 18 years) with an underlying health condition particularly long term heart or respiratory disease, diabetes, immunosuppressed, learning disability.
- Children aged 4-8 in Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 will receive the nasal spray vaccination at school.