Thank you to everyone who completed Friends and Family feedback cards in recent months. We were delighted with the results and comments which included:
- I am the only patient who looks forward to going to the Doctor. Excellence with a smile.
- Friendly, quick reception staff. Lovely Doctor.
- Lovely, friendly receptionists who have been incredibly patient.
- My Doctor is basically a genius and inspiration. He has given me so much hope about depression.
People are being urged to keep an extra special eye on themselves and the people they care for over the winter period so minor illnesses don’t become more serious.
People who are older or have long term conditions may be particularly vulnerable to winter bugs which could become serious and require hospital treatment. Getting help earlier may prevent this from happening.
To make sure winter bugs don’t become more serious:
- Have your flu jab
- If you start to feel ill, get help from your pharmacy straight away.
- Keep your home warm, at least 18 degrees
- Make sure you take any medicines as directed
- Get any repeat prescriptions filled in advance as many surgeries and pharmacies close over Christmas
- Keep a supply of cold and flu remedies in the house so you don’t need to go out if the weather is bad
- If you are prescribed antibiotics finish the course
- Don’t go to A&E or call 999 unless it’s an emergency. If you are in any doubt, NHS 111 can help you get the right treatment