Some of you may have noticed that recently the number of routine appointments available for booking both on Patient Access and available via Front Desk or over the telephone has reduced in recent weeks.
The reason behind this is that we are preparing a new and efficient way of providing patient care on a daily basis. This follows numerous meetings with our patient group, staff and other experts. This restriction has been necessary to build some capacity into the new system.
A responsive service:
- Each morning we will have a dedicated ‘On the day’ team in the surgery ready to deal with any on-the-day enquiries or requirements.
- The team will consist of a mix of GPs, Nurses, Practice Paramedics and administrative staff
- They will be assessing everybody on the list and deciding on the most appropriate outcome for them.
- Home visit requests would ideally be made BEFORE 10.30am and assessed by this team
- This new system will mean we have greater flexibility to deal with with Chronic Illness, Patients with Cancer, Patients with Dementia and Frail Elderly patients.
You will still be able to book routine appointments ahead, but these will often be for cases requiring continuity or follow up as directed by a clinician or for regular reviews.
In order for our team to help you, our patient, achieve the best possible outcome from their contact, our reception team will be asking questions in order to brief the “on the day” team to work out the fastest and safest way for you to be treated.
From 1pm the assessment team will reduce to 2 clinicians, to provide cover for emergencies that cannot wait until our ‘on the day’ team start again at 8am the next day.
The initial phase of this process will begin on 19th June, but we will be keen to have your feedback on anything you feel went well from your experience, or equally anything that you felt could have been improved. In order for this system to work, we need everybody on board.
We are confident that this will be a positive change for the practice and with your cooperation, it will significantly improve your access to our services.