If you’re trying to give up smoking, we can help. Please ask for an appointment with the practice nurse or our smoking cessation advisor. You can also call the Hertfordshire Stop Smoking Service on 0800 389 3998 or Text SMOKEFREE to 80818.
Studies show that your chances of success will be greatly improved if you get advice and support from health care professionals to help you stop smoking.
The services we offer from the Practice can:
- Boost your willpower to stop smoking
- Concentrate your efforts by getting advice from someone who knows your medical background
- Help you feel that you’re not doing it alone
- Help you to cope when you are tempted to smoke
- Monitor improvements to your health so that you can see the benefits
- No Smoking Day – Information to help you to kick the habit.
- Gosmokefree – This website contains detailed information about the free NHS support services.
- Smoking Cessation – NHS Choices Site – if you smoke, giving up is probably the greatest single step you can take to improve your health.
- Quit Org – Quit is the independent charity whose aim is to save lives by helping smokers to stop.
- Hertfordshire Stop Smoking Service – There are over 300 local stop smoking services in Hertfordshire offering non-judgemental support, either one-to-one or for groups in the workplace.